Supplies Needed for Matches
- Semi-automatic pistol or double action revolver. Center fire pistol calibers only, 9mm and up for the main and PCC matches. .22LR only is used in the rimfire matches.
- A holster that covers the trigger or a gun case. No holster is required for the 22 rimfire match. For PCC the carbine must be transported in a closed case or securely attached to a 3-gun cart. All rifles competing in the Rimfire Rifle and PCC matches MUST use a chamber flag regardless of transport mode.
- Extra magazines or speed loaders (enough to fire at least 25 rounds without leaving the firing line.)
- Hearing protection, muffs or plugs, and eye protection which are required to be worn by all competitors and spectators.
- A minimum of 25 rounds of ammunition per stage is required. The eight stage US Steel Shoot will require a minimum of 195 per gun used in the match. It is recommended you bring double the minimum requirement.
- This Steel Challenge match consists of eight stages.
- Seven stages consists of five strings except for Outer Limits which has four strings.
- Each stage has five plates. Four of the plates can be shot in any order. The fifth plate, known as the “Stop Plate”, will be the last plate engaged and stops the time of the string.
- If all four plates were hit before the “Stop Plate” is hit the total raw time is scored for that string.
- Each plate not hit before the “Stop Plate” is hit incurs a +3 second penalty per plate not hit that is added to the raw score.
- Failure to complete a string will result in a score of 30 seconds for that string.
- The four best times are used for scoring, except for Outer Limits where the best three times are used.